Solar is the Smart Solution
At Carolina Diversified Builders, we offer our home buying clients the option to add solar energy to their dream home. It’s a great way to reduce your operating costs for decades to come. That money can be used for vacations, retirement accounts or perhaps a new toy or two.
Solar cells make absolutely no noise at all. They do not make a single peep while extracting useful energy from the sun. Solar energy creates absolutely no pollution. Very little maintenance is required to keep solar cells running. There are no moving parts in a solar cell, which makes it impossible to damage them. Solar cells perform perfectly for decades with only an annual cleaning to worry about. Solar powered panels and products are typically extremely easy to install. Wires, cords and power sources are not needed at all, making this an easy prospect to employ. Check out the video below.
Reduces Electricity Bill
By installing a Photo Voltaic or PV system you can eliminate or significantly reduce your monthly electric utility bill. Other benefits include:
- Generous government incentives can be found to help reduce the initial capital costs of a solar system by as much as 30%.
- The cost of electricity from the utility is getting higher every day, and will only continue to rise. But by generating your own power with solar, you can stabilize your cost of electricity and even reduce it’s sensitivity to future rate hikes.
Increases Property Value
Studies have indicated that Carolina homes with solar systems sold at a greater price point than homes without such systems. The price premium you will get for the solar system may recoup much of the original capital investment. Researchers compared the prices of about 2,000 solar homes sold between 2001 and 2009 to those of 70,000 comparable homes without solar panels.
- On average, a home solar system added about $5.50 per watt to a home’s resale value. (A 3.1-kilowatt solar system can add around $17,000 to the home’s value).
- On homes where solar panels were installed after construction, solar panels increased resale value by more than $6 per watt.
- On new homes with solar pre-installed, solar panels increased resale value by around $2.30 to $2.60 per watt to the sale price.
Smart Business Decision
A solar energy system is a smart option for businesses. Solar panels reduce the amount of electricity coming from fossil fuels, supplying business operations with clean, renewable energy. Many business owners, from hotels to wineries to retail stores, are making the decision to reduce their electricity bills and go solar today.
A solar energy system can benefit your business in numerous ways:
- Save significantly on your utility expenses
- Add value to your commercial property
- Take advantage of major tax benefits specifically for businesses
- Create a green image for your company
Rebates, Incentives and Tax Credits
Take advantage of federal, state and local tax incentives. There are generous government incentives available to help make the worthwhile investment in your energy future. The Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE) is a great resource to learn about current state, local, utility and federal incentives.www.dsireusa.org/
Save the Planet, One Solar Panel at a Time
The sun bathes the earth with enough energy every 10 seconds to meet the world’s electricity needs for a year. Using this energy from the sun is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and reduce your energy bill at the same time.