Today’s modern log homes are much more than just stacked logs. Many producers have spent decades perfecting a building system, which combines engineering principles with specific crafting, sealing, fastening techniques for a particular tree species. We use only log home packages from Katahdin Cedar Log Homes, which is a member of the Log Homes Council. Membership in the Log Homes Council, part of the National Association of Home Builders, makes it an exclusive organization.
All Log Homes Council’s members must:
- Abide by a strict code of ethics
- Grade their logs and timbers by third party agencies to ensure quality
- Provide construction manuals to ensure homes are built to meet building codes
- Sponsor scientific studies that advance log building technologies
- Provide FREE information to help consumers make smart choices
The Katahdin Difference
- Katahdin uses only Northern White Cedar, a superior wood known for its natural insect protection, low moisture content and natural sustainability. From Andersen windows and ThermaTru Doors to a superior insulation package, Katahdin carefully chooses materials of the highest quality and value to construct our log homes
- Carolina Diversified Builders will walk you through the seven steps to making your log home a reality. That’s why we’re confident enough to offer a 25-year warranty on our homes
- Building “green” is not just a marketing trend; Carolina Diversified Builders has earned a green building certification and has produced some of the most advanced and energy efficient green homes in the Carolinas; Adding to our green building skills is Katahdin’s zero waste manufacturing, biomass boiler and corporate commitment to the environment
- We help you accomplish your dreams. House plans provide inspiration and we have a huge selection of layouts. Or opt for a custom plan. Our team can help you define your lifestyle so that you build exactly the home you need, now and in the future.